Are you passionate about stopping SF evictions? The Anti-Displacement Coalition is looking for a Coordinator.
The Anti-Displacement Coalition is a coalition of the majority of tenants rights groups in San Francisco forms four years ago to coordinate our shared fight to stop evictions and rising rents. The Coordinator will assist member organizations in hosting neighborhood and citywide tenant conventions and shared trainings for staff and volunteers. The position will be housed withHousing Rights Committee of San Francisco (HRCSF) is a 35-year old, community-based, non-profit, tenant’s rights organization.
· Coordinate coalition meetings
· Set up regular cross organizational trainings
· Coordinate partner groups in setting up tenant conventions to get tenant participation in passing policies that strengthen rent control and slow or stop displacement.
· At least 2 years experience with community, housing or anti-eviction organizing (paid or volunteer)
· Must have experience running meetings and planning large events
· Experience working with diverse groups
· Be highly organized and detail oriented
· Experience running press conferences highly preferred
- Commitment to social and economic justice and bottom-up social change.
- Passionate about fighting displacement
- Works well with extensive collaboration with diverse housing organizations, community leaders and allies.
Salary and Benefits: This position is 40 hours/ week (willing to consider 30 hours a week) some evenings and weekend work required. $22.12 an hour and generous benefits.
HRCSF is an equal opportunity employer: people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply! Diverse viewpoints are vital to our organization and the coalition’s mission and culture.
To Apply: Address cover letter and resume including paid and unpaid activist and organizing experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org