Financial Aid / Scholarships
FAFSA and Financial Aid Guidebook: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/financial-aid/financial-aid-for...
Financial Aid and Scholarships for Students: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/financial-aid/
Scholarships for Veterans: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/financial-aid-scholars...
Financial Assistance for Low-Income Students: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/low-income-students/
Prestige Scholarships for College: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/prestig...
The New Leader Scholarship
Upper Division students.
The scholarship fund is committed to supporting financially disadvantaged students, recent immigrants, and people of color who have demonstrated leadership and a commitment to community service with scholarships of up to $7,000.
The scholarship also provides mentoring, career guidance, and graduate school preparation. Students must have a 3.50 GPA; are planning to pursue advanced education in social and human services, public interest law, health-related fields or public service; and, demonstrate financial need.
- Advocate for Justice Scholarship for Law Students: www.law.udc.edu/?page=AFJ
- How to develop a competitive profile for fellowships: www.whitman.edu/content/fellowships/competitiveprofile
- Summer Research Opportunities: www.whitman.edu/content/fellowships/other/summerresearch
- SFSU Academic Honors & Fellowships--Fellowships Listing: www.sfsu.edu/~fellows1/fellowship.htm
- Web Search for Scholarships: www.fastweb.com
- American Indian Fellowship in Business Scholarship: ncaied.org/scholarships.php
- Foundation Center Online Directory: opac.sfsu.edu/validate/
- Free Tax Services for SFSU Students: xpress.sfsu.edu/archives/news/010494.html
- SFSU Scholarship Office: www.sfsu.edu/~finaid/scholarships
- Associated Students Scholarships: email@example.com
- College of Ethnic Studies Scholarships: www.sfsu.edu/~ethnicst/scholarship.html
- Office of Academic Honors and Scholarships: www.sfsu.edu/~honors
- The San Francisco Foundation Center: www.foundationcenter.org
- Scholarship Resource Guide: www.house.gov/roybal-allard/2008_Resource_Guide.pdf
- Student Inventors Scholarships: www.invent.org/collegiate
- Coca-Cola Two Year College Scholarships: www.cocacolascholars.org/programs.htm
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships: holocaust.hklaw.com/
- Ayn Rand Essay Scholarships: www.aynrand.org/contests/
- Brand Essay Competition: www.instituteforbrandleadership.org/IBLEssayContest-2002Rules.htm
- (Bill) Gates Millennium Scholarships (major): www.gmsp.org/
- Sports Scholarships and Internship: www.ncaa.org/about/scholarships.html
- National Assoc. of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ): www.nabj.org/programs/scholarships/index.html
- Saul T. Wilson Scholarships (Veterinary): www.aphis.usda.gov/career_opportunities/student_programs.shtml
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship: www.thurgoodmarshallfund.org/sk_v6.cfm
- FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships: www.finaid.org/
- Presidential Freedom Scholarships: www.nationalservice.org/scholarships
- Wired Scholar Free Scholarship Search: www.wiredscholar.com/paying/scholarship_search/pay_scholarship_search.jsp
- Hope Scholarships &Lifetime Credits: www.ed.gov/offices/OPE/PPI/HOPE/index.html
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students: www.apsanet.org/PS/grants/as pen3.cfm
- Guaranteed Scholarships: www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/
- Easley National Scholarship Program: www.naas.org/senior.php
- Maryland Artists Scholarships: www.maef.org/
- Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship (for AA students in South Florida): www.jackituckfield.org/
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships: www.iesabroad.org/info/hbcu.htm
- Actuarial Scholarships for Minority Students: blackactuaries.org/actuary/scholarships.php
- International Students Scholarships &Aid Help: www.iefa.org/
- College Board Scholarship Search: cbweb10p.collegeboard.org/fundfinder/html/fundfind01.html
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition: www.siemens-foundation.org/
- CollegeNet 's Scholarship Database: mach25.collegenet.com/cgi-bin/M25/index
- Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid: http://126.96.36.199/unionplus/scholarship.html
- Federal Scholarships &Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel: www.blackexcel.org/25scholarships.htm
- Scholarship &Financial Aid Help: www.blackexcel.org/fin-sch.htm
- FAFSA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form &Info): www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Aid &Resources For Re-Entry Students: www.back2college.com/
- HBCU Packard Sit Abroad Scholarships (for study around the world): www.sit.edu/studyabroad/packard_nomination.html
- Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities: omsa.uchicago.edu/resources/
- INROADS internships: www.inroads.org/
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing: www.sciencenet.emory.edu/undergrad/scholarships.html
- Graduate Fellowships For Minorities Nationwide: cuinfo.cornell.edu/Student/GRFN/list.phtml?category=MINORITIES
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford: www.rhodesscholar.org/info.html
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund: www.roothbertfund.org/
- Manos de Esperanza: www.manosdeesperanza.org/becas.htm
Scholarships and Programs for Latinos:
Advancement Via Individual Determination: www.avidonline.org/
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a school-wide initiative for students in grades 5 through 12. It caters to students "¦in the middle" who have a desire to go to college. Students are enrolled in advanced courses along with an AVID elective; the elective teaches organizational, study and critical-thinking skills. The course also allows students to get academic help from specially trained peers and teachers. AVID can be found in more than 2,200 middle and high schools in 36 states and 15 countries.
HACU Scholarships: www.hacu.net
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities awards scholarships to students who are currently enrolled or plan on attending an HACU member or partner college or university. Applicants must meet specific program requirements in order to be eligible. Awards range, based on the program, from $500 to $2,000 a year. HACU provides an online scholarship resource list.
Hispanic National Internship Program: www.hnip.net/
The Hispanic National Internship Program gives paid summer and semester-long internships to high-achieving Hispanic students. Students are placed in a variety of federal agencies and private corporations in Washington, D.C., and across the country. Undergrads who have completed their freshman year of college with at least a 3.0 GPA are eligible.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund: www.hsf.net/
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund has a 30-year history of awarding scholarships to Hispanic students with financial needs. By applying for an HSF scholarship, you may be eligible receive anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500. Programs are available for high school seniors, community college transfer students, undergrads and graduate/professional students. After submitting the required essays and application, students
are then selected based on academic achievement, personal strengths, leadership and financial need.
National Hispanic Recognition Program: www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about/scholarships.html#hsrp Sponsored by The College Board, the National Hispanic Recognition Program does not give out monetary awards. However, it does recognize outstanding Hispanic high school students. Winners are compiled and sent to subscribing colleges and universities for recruiting purposes. Applicants must be at least one-quarter Hispanic and earn a high-enough score on the PSAT (cut-off scores vary by state). Each student should also maintain the minimum grade point average established by the program.
Upward Bound: www.ed.gov/programs/trioupbound/index.html
The Upward Bound program serves high school students who are from low-income families, high school students who are the first generation to enter college, and low-income, first-generation military veterans. Upward Bound provides instruction in a variety of areas, including composition, literature, math, lab science and foreign language. The goal of this program is to help students enter and graduate from a postsecondary institution.
Lorenzo de Zavala Youth Legislative Session: www.nhi-net.org/Programs/HSPrograms/LDZfor10th11thGrade/tabid/60/Default.aspx The National Hispanic Institute offers an eight- to 10-day leadership program for Latino youth. The Lorenzo de Zavala Youth Legislative Session (LDZ) brings students to various college campuses during the summer months to engage in dialogue about the future of 21st century Latinos. Students come away from the program with critical thinking and teamwork skills. Qualified students are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Higher Education Opportunity Program: www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/COLLEGIATE/HEOP/05Brochure.pdf
Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) gives academically and economically disadvantaged students in New York state the ability to pursue a postsecondary education. Independent two and four-year institutions are awarded competitive grants by the New York State legislature to host this program. In addition to providing financial assistance, HEOP offers services including a pre-freshman summer program, counseling, tutoring and developmental coursework. When sending a college application, students are automatically considered for HEOP.
Student Support Services: www.ed.gov/programs/triostudsupp/index.html
The Student Support Services program provides tools to help students complete a postsecondary education. In addition to providing mentoring and instructional skills, students also receive information about career options. Current SSS students may also be eligible for financial aid if they are receiving federal Pell grants.
Talent Search: www.ed.gov/programs/triotalent/index.html
The Talent Search program gives information to students from disadvantaged backgrounds about postsecondary education. Students are given information about college applications and financial aid. In addition, Talent Search also brings students to visit college campuses.
How to develop a competitive profile for fellowships: www.whitman.edu/content/fellowships/competitiveprofile
Summer Research Opportunities: www.whitman.edu/content/fellowships/other/summerresearch
SFSU Academic Honors & Fellowships--Fellowships Listing: www.sfsu.edu/~fellows1/fellowship.htm
SFSU Fellowship staff contact:
Joy Viveros, Ph.D., Academic Honors and Fellowships Advisor
Advising Center, Admin. 211
415.405.2128, Fax: 415.338.6383
Scholarships Resource List open to undocumented students:
Scholarships for African American and Other Students
1) BELL LABS FELLOWSHIPS FOR UNDER REPRESENTED MINORITIES http://www.bell-labs.com/fellowships/CRFP/info.html
2) Student Inventors Scholarships http://www.invent.org/collegiate/
3) Student Video Scholarships http://www.christophers.org/vidcon2k.html
4) Coca-Cola Two Year College Scholarships http://www.coca-colascholars.org/programs.html
5) Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships http://holocaust.hklaw.com/
6) Ayn Rand Essay Scholarships http://www.aynrand.org/contests/
7) Brand Essay Competition http://www.instituteforbrandleadership.org/IBLEssayContest-2002Rules.htm
8) Gates Millennium Scholarships (major) http://www.gmsp.org/nominationmaterials/read.dbm?ID=12
9) Xerox Scholarships for Students http://www2.xerox..com/go/xrx/about_xerox/about_xerox_detail.jsp
10) Sports Scholarships and Internships http://www.ncaa.org/about/scholarships.html
11) National Assoc. of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ) http://www.nabj.org/html/studentsvcs.html
12) Saul T. Wilson Scholarships (Veterinary) http://www.aphis.usda.gov/mb/mrphr/jobs/stw.html
13) Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund http://www.thurgoodmarshallfund.org/sk_v6.cfm
14) FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships) http://www.finaid.org/
15) Presidential Freedom Scholarships http://www.nationalservice.org/scholarships/
16) Microsoft Scholarship Program http://www.microsoft.com/college/scholarships/minority.asp
17) WiredScholar Free Scholarship Search </ SPAN>http://www.wiredscholar.com/paying/scholarship_search/pay_sc holarship _search.jsp
18) Hope Scholarships & Lifetime Credits http://www.ed.gov/inits/hope/
19) William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students http://www.apsanet.org/PS/grants/aspen3.cfm
20) Multiple List of Minority Scholarships http://gehon.ir.miami.edu/financial-assistance/Scholarship/blackhtml
21) Guaranteed Scholarships http://www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/
22) BOEING scholarships (soma e HBCU connects) http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/educationrelations/scholarships
23) Easley National Scholarship Program http://www.naas.org/senior.htm
24) Maryland Artists Scholarships http://www.m/ aef.org/
26) Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship (for AA students in South Florida ) http://www.jackituckfield.org/
27) Historically Black College & University Scholarships http://www.iesabroad.org/info/hbcu.htm
28) Actuarial Scholarships for Minority Students http://www.beanactuary.org/minority/scholarships.htm
29) International Students Scholarships & Aid Help http://www.iefa.org/
30) College Board Scholarship Search http://cbweb10p.collegeboard.org/fundfinder/html/fundfind01.html
31) Burger King Scholarship Program http://www.bkscholars.csfa.org/
32) Siemens Westinghouse Competition http://www.siemens-foundationorg/
33) GE and LuLac Scholarship Funds http://www.lulac.org/Programs/Scholar.html
34) CollegeNet's Scholarship Database http://mach25.collegenet.com/cgi-bin/M25/index
35) Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid http://www.aflcioorg/scholarships/scholar.htm
36) Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel http://www.blackexcel.org/ 25scholarships.htm
37) Scholarship & Financial Aid Help http://www.blackexcel.org/fin-sch.htm
38) Scholarship Links (Ed Finance Group) http://www..efg.net/ /link_scholarship.htm
39) FAFSA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form &Info) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
40) Aid &Resources For Re-Entry Students http://www.back2college.com/
41) Scholarships and Fellowships http://www.osc.cuny.edu/sep/links.html
42) Scholarships for Study in Paralegal Studies http://www.sit.edu/studyabroad/packard_nomination.html
44) Scholarship and20Fellowship Opportunities http://ccmi.uchicago.edu/schl1.html
45) INROADS internships http://www.inroads.org/
46) NA AC P Scholarships http://www.naacp.org/youth/scholarships/index.htm
47) Black Alliance for Educational Options Scholarships http://www.baeo.org/options/privatelyfinanced.jsp
48) ScienceNet Scholarship Listing http://www.sciencenet.emory.edu/undergrad/scholarships.html
49) Graduate Fellowships For Minorities Nationwide http://cuinfo.cornell.edu/Student/GRFN/list.phtml?category=MINORITIES
50) RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS AT OXFORD http://www.rhodesscholar.org/info.html
51) The Roothbert Scholarship Fund http://www.roothbertfund.com/
Happiness is a choice.
Think Positive Thoughts...