Each semester the Ethnic Studies Student Resource and Empowerment Center offers internships for students interested in earning units to staff the Center, receive training about the Center's resources and assist with promoting ethnic studies, human rights and justice.
As an intern or volunteer, we are responsible for:
- Staffing the Center: guiding students to proper resources on campus, helping with homework, walk-ins, etc.
- Scholarship Assistance: helping students in finding, outling and applying for scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Office of Financial Aid
- Events/Workshops: production, outreach and facilitation of events and workshops related to ethnic studies, human rights and empowerment
- Mandatory weekly meeting (Fall 2016 - Wednesdays 1-3 pm)
- Enroll in class for 1-3 units
- Attend weekly office hours for 1-3 hours depending on units
- Participate in all events, workshops, monthly tabling and group outings
- Help to produce and facilitate one major event
- Download GroupMe App and create Gmail account
- Become an expert at mission and services offered at ESSREC
- Assist members in workshops, events, flyering, office tasks, tabling, classroom announcements and other related tasks.
- Create Gmail account