AD-T Students can finish their Degree in Two Years
Students who transfer from California Community College with an AD-T (Associate's Degree for Transfer), such as an AA-T in Social Justice, can complete their major in ethnic studies in two years!
The California Promise Act is a law that guarantees you can complete your degree in a similar program within two years.
The graduation requirement for San Francisco State Studies is Waived! All other SFSU students must complete one course each in
- American Ethnic & Racial Minorities (AERM)
- Environmental Sustainability
- Global Perspectives
- Social Justice
The classes you take will prob'ly cover these areas anyway, but its good to know you have a guarantee!
These Roadmaps provide your education plan to earn a BA in Ethnic Studies in two years:
- B.A. in Africana Studies for students with an AD-T in Social Justice Studies
- B.A. in American Indian Studies for students with an AD-T in Social Justice Studies
- B.A. in Asian American Studies for students with an AD-T in Social Justice Studies
- B. A. in Latina/Latino Studies
- B.A. in Race and Resistance Studies for students with an AD-T in Social Justice Studies
If you took ethnic studies courses at your transfer institution--in African American Studies, Black Studies, Chicana/o Studies, Critical Pacific Islands & Oceania Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, La Raza Studies, LALS, History, English, Sociology, Music, Dance, or Ethnic Studies--you may already have completed some lower-division requirements for your major! Contact the Ethnic Studies Advising Center and request a transfer transcript evaluation to see what lower-division requirements you may have already met. All five major programs have articulation agreements with California Community Colleges.