Financial Aid | Scholarships
Financial Aid / Scholarships
FAFSA and Financial Aid Guidebook: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/financial-aid/financial-aid-for...
Financial Aid and Scholarships for Students: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/financial-aid/
Scholarships for Veterans: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/financial-aid-scholars...
Financial Assistance for Low-Income Students: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/low-income-students/
Prestige Scholarships for College: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/prestig...
Medical Scholarships & Financial Aid - https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/medical-and-health/financial-aid-scholarships/
The New Leader Scholarship
Upper Division students.
The scholarship fund is committed to supporting financially disadvantaged students, recent immigrants, and people of color who have demonstrated leadership and a commitment to community service with scholarships of up to $7,000.
The scholarship also provides mentoring, career guidance, and graduate school preparation. Students must have a 3.50 GPA; are planning to pursue advanced education in social and human services, public interest law, health-related fields or public service; and, demonstrate financial need.
College Scholarships for Asian/Pacific Islander Students: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/scholarships-for-asian-and-pacific-islander-students/
College scholarships for Black Students: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/black-students-college-scholarships/
- Advocate for Justice Scholarship for Law Students: www.law.udc.edu/?page=AFJ
- SFSU Academic Honors & Fellowships--Fellowships Listing: www.sfsu.edu/~fellows1/fellowship.htm
- Web Search for Scholarships: www.fastweb.com
- American Indian Fellowship in Business Scholarship: http://scholarships.ncaied.org/
- SFSU Scholarship Office: www.sfsu.edu/~finaid/scholarships
- Associated Students Scholarships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Ethnic Studies Scholarships: http://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- The San Francisco Foundation Center: www.foundationcenter.org
- Coca-Cola Two Year College Scholarships: http://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships: holocaust.hklaw.com/
- Ayn Rand Essay Scholarships: www.aynrand.org/contests/
- (Bill) Gates Millennium Scholarships (major): www.gmsp.org/
- National Assoc. of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ): http://www.nabj.org/?page=SEEDScholarships
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship: https://www.tmcf.org/
- FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships: www.finaid.org/
- Wired Scholar Free Scholarship Search: https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students: https://www.aspeninstitute.org/programs/program-on-philanthropy-and-soci... or contact email@example.com
- Guaranteed Scholarships: www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/
- Easley National Scholarship Program: https://www.naas.org/senior.html
- Maryland Artists Scholarships: https://www.mica.edu/Give_to_MICA/Scholarship_Support/MAEF_at_MICA.html
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships: www.iesabroad.org/info/hbcu.htm
- Actuarial Scholarships for Minority Students: http://www.blackactuaries.org/page/Scholarship
- International Students Scholarships &Aid Help: www.iefa.org/
- College Board Scholarship Search: cbweb10p.collegeboard.org/fundfinder/html/fundfind01.html
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition: www.siemens-foundation.org/
- CollegeNet 's Scholarship Database: mach25.collegenet.com/cgi-bin/M25/index
- Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid: https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/money/union-plus-scholarships?gclid=CjwKCAiAoNTUBRBUEiwAWje2lt2RdOVlx7i63pu-v6alnlxzdpfObWR6d8_ZyxVzJpjUkkF422AqvBoCwj8QAvD_BwE
- Federal Scholarships &Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel: www.blackexcel.org/25scholarships.htm
- FAFSA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form &Info): www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Aid &Resources For Re-Entry Students: www.back2college.com/
- HBCU Packard Sit Abroad Scholarships (for study around the world): www.sit.edu/studyabroad/packard_nomination.html
- INROADS internships: www.inroads.org/
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford: www.rhodesscholar.org/info.html
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund: www.roothbertfund.org/
Scholarships and Programs for Latinos:
Advancement Via Individual Determination: www.avidonline.org/
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a school-wide initiative for students in grades 5 through 12. It caters to students "¦in the middle" who have a desire to go to college. Students are enrolled in advanced courses along with an AVID elective; the elective teaches organizational, study and critical-thinking skills. The course also allows students to get academic help from specially trained peers and teachers. AVID can be found in more than 2,200 middle and high schools in 36 states and 15 countries.
HACU Scholarships: www.hacu.net
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities awards scholarships to students who are currently enrolled or plan on attending an HACU member or partner college or university. Applicants must meet specific program requirements in order to be eligible. Awards range, based on the program, from $500 to $2,000 a year. HACU provides an online scholarship resource list.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund: www.hsf.net/
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund has a 30-year history of awarding scholarships to Hispanic students with financial needs. By applying for an HSF scholarship, you may be eligible receive anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500. Programs are available for high school seniors, community college transfer students, undergrads and graduate/professional students. After submitting the required essays and application, students
are then selected based on academic achievement, personal strengths, leadership and financial need.
National Hispanic Recognition Program: www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about/scholarships.html#hsrp Sponsored by The College Board, the National Hispanic Recognition Program does not give out monetary awards. However, it does recognize outstanding Hispanic high school students. Winners are compiled and sent to subscribing colleges and universities for recruiting purposes. Applicants must be at least one-quarter Hispanic and earn a high-enough score on the PSAT (cut-off scores vary by state). Each student should also maintain the minimum grade point average established by the program.
Upward Bound: www.ed.gov/programs/trioupbound/index.html
The Upward Bound program serves high school students who are from low-income families, high school students who are the first generation to enter college, and low-income, first-generation military veterans. Upward Bound provides instruction in a variety of areas, including composition, literature, math, lab science and foreign language. The goal of this program is to help students enter and graduate from a postsecondary institution.
Higher Education Opportunity Program: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/colldev/HEOP/
Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) gives academically and economically disadvantaged students in New York state the ability to pursue a postsecondary education. Independent two and four-year institutions are awarded competitive grants by the New York State legislature to host this program. In addition to providing financial assistance, HEOP offers services including a pre-freshman summer program, counseling, tutoring and developmental coursework. When sending a college application, students are automatically considered for HEOP.
Talent Search: www.ed.gov/programs/triotalent/index.html
The Talent Search program gives information to students from disadvantaged backgrounds about postsecondary education. Students are given information about college applications and financial aid. In addition, Talent Search also brings students to visit college campuses.
SFSU Academic Honors & Fellowships--Fellowships Listing: www.sfsu.edu/~fellows1/fellowship.htm
SFSU Fellowship staff contact:
Joy Viveros, Ph.D., Academic Honors and Fellowships Advisor
Advising Center, Admin. 211
415.405.2128, Fax: 415.338.6383
Scholarships Resource List open to undocumented students:
How Schools, Leaders & You Can Support Undocumented Students - https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/supporting-undocumented-students/
Scholarships for African American and Other Students
- Student Inventors Scholarships: http://www.invent.org/collegiate
- Coca-Cola Two Year College Scholarships: http://www.coca:colascholars.org/programs.html
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships: http://holocaust.hklaw.com/
- Ayn Rand Essay Scholarships:https://www.aynrand.org/students/essay-contests
- Brand Essay Competition: http://www.instituteforbrandleadership.org/IBLEssayContest:2002Rules.htm
- FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships): http://www.finaid.org/
- Guaran teed Scholarships: http://www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/
- National Scholarship Program: https://www.naas.org/scholarship-programs.php
- Maryland Artists Scholarships: http://www.maef.org/
- Jacki Tuckfie ld Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship (for AA students in South Florida): http://www.jackituckfield.org/
- Historically Black College &University Scholarships: http://www.iesabroad.org/info/hbcu.htm
- Actuarial Scholarships for Minority: http://www.beanactuary.org/minority/scholarships.htm
- International Students Scholarships &Aid Help: http://www.iefa.org/
- College Board Scholarship: http://cbweb10p.collegeboard.org/fundfinder/html/fundfind01.html
- Burger King Scholarship Program: http://www.bkscholars.csfa.org/
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition: http://www.siemens:foundationorg/
- GE and LuLac Scholarship Funds: http://www.lulac.org/Programs/Scholar.html
- CollegeNet's Scholarship Database: http://mach25.collegenet.com/cgi:bin/M25/index
- Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid: http://www.aflcioorg/scholarships/scholar.htm
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel: http://www.blackexcel.org/25scholarships.htm
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Help: http://www.blackexcel.org/fin:sch.htm
- Scholarship Links (Ed Finance Group): http://www.efg.net/link_scholarship.htm
- FAFSA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form &Info): http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Aid &Resources For Reentry Students: http://www.back2college.com/
- Scholarships and Fellowships: http://www.osc.cuny.edu/sep/links.h tml
- Scholarships for Study in Paralegal Studies: http://www.paralegals.org/Choice/2000west.htm
- HBCU Packard Sit Abroad Scholarships (for study around the world): http://www.sit.edu/studyabroad/packard_nomination.html
- Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities: http://ccmi.uchicago.edu/schl1.html
- INROADS internships: http://www.inroads.org/
- Black Alliance for Educational Options Scholarships: www.baeo.org/options/privatelyfinanced.jsp
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing: www.sciencenet.emory.edu/undergrad/scholarships.html
- Graduate Fellowships For Minorities Nationwide: http://cuinfo.cornell.edu/Student/GRFN/list.phtml?category=MINORITIES
- RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS AT OXFORD: http://www.rhodesscholar.org
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund: http://www.roothbertfund.org/schol
Happiness is a choice.
Think Positive Thoughts...